There are several objects which can improve the performance of drilling fluid system, such as centrifugal pump, shear pump , etc.
Centrifugal pump uses impeller rotation to centrifuge the water to work. There are six parts which make of the basic structure of centrifugal pump, including impeller, pump body, pump shaft, bearing, seal ring and stuffing box. In this text, we will focus on stating how to maintain centrifugal pump.
How to maintain centrifugal pump in terms of stop pumping
When running into one of the following situations, stop pumping and switchover.
1. A strong vibration suddenly happens to the pump.
2. There is an abnormal sound inside the pump.
3. The electricity exceeds rated value. It cannot be reduced after processing.
4. There is no liquid in the pump suddenly.
How to maintain centrifugal pump in terms of daily standards
1. Start, operate and stop the pump according to the operating instruction and do the running record.
2. Check if the lubricating oil of the lubricant housings meets the requirements.
How to maintain centrifugal pump in terms of bearing temperature
Check the bearing temperature and it should be less than 35℃. The highest temperature of the antifriction bearing should be less than 75℃.
How to maintain centrifugal pump in terms of pump
1. Check the pressure of the pump and if the motor current is normal and stable. Pay attention to if there is abnormal situation. Find out the problem and deal with it timely.
2. Keep the pump and its surroundings neat and clean. Deal with the leakage timely.
3. When the pump is running, don’t get close to running parts and wipe the device and don’t loose the bolt.
How to maintain centrifugal pump in terms of test run
1. The test run should be organized. There must be professional in charge of the safety inspection work.
2. If there is an abnormal sound or other abnormal situations when test run, stop to check the reasons.
How to maintain centrifugal pump in terms of other aspects
1. Don’t put maintenance tools or any objects on the device.
2. Keep the motor ground wire intact. Clean the site and don’t spray water onto the motor.
3. Go through the procedures according to the rules before the overhaul.
4. Close the inlet valve and outlet valve and put off the remaining liquid.
5. Start and stop the pump according to the procedures strictly.