In the whole markets, centrifuge or even decanter centrifuge has been used in most fields. There are also mutual types or styles of decanter centrifuge in different fields. We just take oil drilling industry as an example; there are RFD decanter centrifuge, VFD decanter centrifuge, Disc centrifuge, hydraulic centrifuge, etc. Today WestPetro want to share some necessary tips about safety operation regulation for decanter centrifuge.
The following content is about the topic of “12 Tips of Safety Operation Regulation for Decanter Centrifuge”.
Just as we all know that Decanter Centrifuge is one kind of machine revolving at high speed. During operation, revolving drum will generate strong centrifugal force (it is not like the solid control system, to some extent, decanter centrifuge is a core part for a whole solid control system and water based mud unit). To ensure the safety of operators and equipment, the following safety rules shall be strictly followed when using it.
1. Pay more attention for original Instruction Orders or Steps. Through dynamic balance of revolving drum parts of centrifuge, during assembly, original installation order shall not be changed and there shall be no parts omitted. Threaded connection part shall be installed in place; during assembly, if there is assembly mark, the mark shall be aligned. Before startup, operating pump system shall be inspected and there shall be no water leakage under close state of magnetic valve.
2. Keep the decanter centrifuge off. Before clamping revolving drum clamp ring and fixing inlet/outlet device and other fastening screws, decanter centrifuge shall not be started.
3. Before completely stopping revolving drum, any part of equipment shall not be loosened.
4. During operation, if abnormal vibration of decanter centrifuge is found, power shall be cut off for emergency shutdown. After revolving drum is completely stopped, each part shall be disassembled cleaned and inspected and attention shall be paid to assembly order and position. After the causes of abnormal vibration are found out and removed, reassembly and startup can be carried out. Time interval between re-startup and shutdown shall be more than 4h (This item is also suitable for mud cleaner).
5. Flame heating or repair welding of main revolving drum parts is not allowed, especially revolving drum body, revolving drum cover and clamp ring.
6. Use of revolving drum parts and revolving drum parts of other equipment shall not be mixed, even the revolving drum parts with same model.
7. Before each startup, oil level of gear case on oil leveler shall be inspected (oil level shall be higher than middle scribes line of sight glass.)
8. Equipment shall not be used to separate the liquid with different characteristics whose corrosiveness and density is higher than the time when purchasing equipment. If it is necessary, manufacturer shall be contacted. (In WestPetro, you could choose cutting dryer or even three-phase centrifuge in your fields for separating water, mud or even oil from the solids.)
9. Corrosion, abrasion and fatigue state of revolving drum parts shall be inspected every 3 months, especially revolving drum slagging hole and clamp ring thread. If the materials requiring to be separated are of corrosive, inspection times shall be more frequent. If problems of main parts are found, they shall not be used immediately and our Company shall be informed. Unauthorized repair or replacement is not allowed.(This item works with mud tank.)
10. If decanter centrifuge is continuously or accumulatively used for 2 years, balance correction shall be carried out for revolving drum again and NDT shall be also conducted for revolving drum and vertical shaft. If there are no conditions for user to carry out the procedures above, the part can be delivered to our Company for flaw detection and balance correction.
11. Integral hoisting shall be applied to revolving drum, thus users shall be equipped with hoisting tools. During hoisting, first, use tool "7" to lift revolving drum, and then hoist and place it on ground; next compress disc through compression device "5"; and finally, hoist parts in order with special tools.
12. Please use the decanter centrifuge spare parts provided by manufacturer.
The above 12 tips or we can call it as steps should be kept in our mind, they can help us improve our working efficiency. Just as I mentioned in the post, you could find more information about solid control system, drilling waste management unit, oil recovery unit, and some other solid control equipment, such as mud cleaner, sand pump, vacuum degasser, cutting dryer, etc. In another words, WestPetro could be your better cooperator. Please feel free to contact WestPetro if you are interested in any equipment of our products.